Global IoT Summit 2018
Oct 31, 2018
The Leela Palace, Bangalore

Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Facebook Login
Site Registration

What are the main challenges of the Internet of Things implementation?

+1 vote
posted Dec 7, 2017 by Shalini Das

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

IoT has now became the most hyped emerging technology according to Gartner's Hype cycle, latest release. IoT’s rise to the “Peak of Inflated Expectations” indicate continued evolution of IoT. The IoT is a superset of big data that holds an equal amount of promise in industrial applications.

All smartphones, tablets, appliances and other devices are all collecting information, but only about 10 percent of all that data is analyzed. The Internet of Things provides the opportunity to derive business insight from the integrated fabric of devices, data, people and processes.

This answer doesn't stipulate that I am an IoT expert to talk and write about this. Since Big Data and IoT has always been my area of interest, I love reading about this and sharing the knowledge.

In a Forbes article on IoT, the writer clearly explains on the challenges IoT faces which requires a strong strategy.

Make sense of the IoT data that you already have.
Ensure that your "things" do what you think they should be doing.
Make sure that you are secure.
Truly put the cloud to work.

If you are interested to more on IoT and Big Data from the industry expert himself, join the free live webinar, which is a live interactive session that will help you to learn more on "How IoT is driving Big Data?" on Sep 18th. Join now and keep yourself updated. You will also be having 20 minutes of question answer session where you can directly interact with the speaker to clear your doubts.

answer Dec 7, 2017 by anonymous