Global IoT Summit 2018
Oct 31, 2018
The Leela Palace, Bangalore

Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Facebook Login
Site Registration

What are the most commonly used algorithms used in various technological domains in the Internet of Things?

+1 vote
posted Nov 20 by Saniya Sadaf M

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

Most of the effort spent on IoT algorithms (in the network itself) concern themselves network formation and routing, typically variants on RPL: Page on ipso-alliance.org , Elliptic curve cryptography for security, and power-saving optimizations for battery-powered nodes.

Analyzing the data returned by the end-points? That would depend on the application domain; some common tasks that cut across all of them would be network inventory & connectivity, data quality (i.e. flagging data from malfunctioning units).

answer Nov 21 by Akarsh S
Similar Questions
0 votes

I'd like to understand what data communications protocols are most commonly used in IoT enterprise/industrial applications.

For examples,

HTTP
MQTT
AMQP
CoAP
etc.

+2 votes

As we know, IoT will have various devices and can be divided into different networks. Thus, your security threat model needs to focus a certain level, but not all the levels including hardware, OS, network protocol, and application...The existing answers have clarify the good network simulators you can adopt (Cooja is a cross-level simulator but the others also can run with specific emulators like Qemu and etc).
I am planning to implement security threat models and security methods for the Internet of Things. What are the commonly used simulation tools for the Internet of Things?