Global IoT Summit 2018
Oct 31, 2018
The Leela Palace, Bangalore

Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Facebook Login
Site Registration

Are there any guide to build our own IOT platform?

+1 vote
posted Nov 21 by Navya V

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

Learning IoT! What does it mean?

Now a day everyone wants to learn Internet of Things… while asking about IoT one must understand and keep this in mind that IoT is not a technology but an ecosystem which is made out of a combination of multiple technologies… Learning one technology and being hands-on in it will take time and when one talk about IoT you are talking about learning many technologies altogether to make an IoT enabled device.

So that means the answer is “NO” ?

Nothing comes handy but due to internet and technology awareness people are making plenty of collective resources, courses, curricular, guides and of-course video lectures which are paid or unpaid content to be considered as reference material to learn IoT. but no guide is complete.

Is that means one needs to learn every technology?

I never said that ;) .. see there are a number of technologies which complement each other for example TCP/IP and UDP both are internet protocols (obviously they have advantages and disadvantages over one another) and to take baby steps you need learn smartly by learning one technology from each complementary group to fulfill your need to be a complete IoT enabled device engineer. So in our example, you either learn TCP/IP or learn UDP communication techniques and that will work like charm for your initial learning :)

So what are those complement technologies?

To know that please read my answer to What exactly is the Internet of Things (IoT)? where i have make easy breakdown IoT to get better insight. so after understanding each breakdowns choose technologies you want to learn and learn them one-by-one

answer Nov 22 by Asma Nooren P
Similar Questions
+1 vote

20 years ago, the idea of a smart home existed, but we didn't really have the technology that we do today. So what is the Internet of Things (IoT) really changing in terms of the way that devices communicate? What new capabilities will we have?