This can very significantly. Clinical research projects can take ten years and projects where data is clean with good modelling in place can happen in ten days. Basically, a skilled data scientist roadblocks are things like:
- Statutory laws in banking or healthcare that require that more time is taken for certain analytical processes with a higher risk like medical clinical trials.
- IT roadblocks like installations, purchases of tools or inability or current systems to use big data sets.
- Clients being shy to share data or delaying data sharing for multiple reasons from confidentiality to not giving importance to analytics.
- Data or Software Procurement delays
- Hiring delays - not having enough resources to get it done.
- Bureaucracy or Red tap-ism in academia or government.