Global IoT Summit 2018
Oct 31, 2018
The Leela Palace, Bangalore

Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Facebook Login
Site Registration

How AI, IoT, and big data will shape the future of cyber-security?

+1 vote
posted Dec 12, 2018 by Abhilasha Yadav

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

We have to shift our thinking to this new world where if it connects to the internet, you have to have a way to update it in realtime over the wire. I'm talking not just about your thermostat and your fire alarm, which are now connected to the internet. I'm talking about your car, right? I actually had to do this last week. I not only got my car's oil changed, I had to give my car a software update because there were things that were not working right. That's going to become more and more commonplace, okay?

Then we bring the GDPR into it where we're now very limited on knowing where are these devices. Who's behind them? Oh, it's part of a botnet. It's coming from this address, but I don't know whose house that is.

This becomes really difficult to manage this environment where an attack surface is growing like this, at the same time, we're trying to decrease the amount of private information. These two things are required for good security. You've got to know who's behind it, and you've got to reduce the attack surface.

Unfortunately, we're reducing the information of who's behind it. At the same time, we're increasing the attack surface.

answer Dec 13, 2018 by Richa Agrawal